Auditions for "Mary Poppins, Jr." will be held on Tuesday, October 22 and Thursday, October 24, 2019. Callbacks will take place on Saturday, October 26.
What to do before you audition...
- Complete the registration information, pay the registration fee & review the Parent/Student Agreement via Ticket Tailor (click here)
- Schedule an audition time through Signup Genius (click here)
- Review the Audition Checklist below
*All of these steps must be completed before a student can be cast in a role.
- Print & complete "Cast Audition Form" - (see "Forms" section below)
- Bring completed form (with picture) to audition
- Review script lines for the roles you wish to audition*. Several roles have multiple scenes or "sides". Below is a list of which side to study for each role. If the role you wish to audition for does not appear, please email us at email@example.com and ask.
- Mary Poppins - Side 2
- Bert - Side 2
- George Banks - Side 2
- Winifred Banks - Side 2
- Jane Banks - Side 2
- Michael Banks - Side 2
- Review song for audition. All solo & ensemble auditions will sing measures 70-89 from "Jolly Holiday". Measure 70 starts at the 2:20 mark of the song and measure 89 is the end of the song.
- Review the dance for auditions (see below)
- Callbacks will take place at a time TBD on Saturday, October 26th. Any student needing a callback will be notified by the director on Friday night. Students will be asked to sing a different song for their callback and that song will be communicated in the callback email.
*To find the script lines for each role, click here to be directed to the "Mary Poppins, Jr" page of MTI's website. On the right hand side, click on "Audition Central" to find a list of each character with links to the script for that character.
Links to Music - Please click on the links below to find music from our production. This will be helpful when practicing the song(s) for auditions.
Dance Audition Video
For those students who were unable to attend the workshop, please review the video of the dance you will do during auditions.
British & Cockney Accent Videos
Bert & the Chimney Sweeps will speak with a Cockney accent. If you'd like to try a Cockney accent for your audition, please review this video.
Mary Poppins and others will speak with a London accent. If you'd like to try a Cockney accent for your audition, please review this video.
Cast audition form can be printed by clicking on the document below.
The Parent/Student Agreement form can be viewed by clicking below.
For parents who were unable to attend a parent meeting, please review the "Parent Meeting Info" document.